When you get bored of all the options that you have in your wardrobe and want to add some interesting yet smart options to it, purple may be a color worth considering. Even though the first thought that may come to your mind while reading this is that the author is out of his mind, read on and think again. Many people are choosing to adopt the unconventional purple because it makes an elegant and strong fashion statement.
The trick, however, is in the manner you choose the other accessories and how you combine your purple with other colors depending on the shade of purple you decide to wear. Other bright colors are a big no-no with purple. Pinks, oranges and red are color which you should not even give a single glance to while deciding to wear something purple.
If you are in the mood to wear a bright shade of purple, then you should consider dark accessories or a black coat to go along. A black skirt / trouser with a light purple top will make you look like royalty. Dark purple, on the other hand, should be teamed with light neutral colors like beige, cream and off-white. If you don’t want to be ousted by your friends and colleagues in a social gathering couple purple only with blacks, brown, cream, beige, white or on the outside a tan color. At no cost should you include any other colors.
If you are not confident about being able to decide the right color mix and are not positive that you can carry off a purple dress but still want to flirt with the color, you could try adding a hint of purple to your attire by using purple accessories. These could be in the form of buttons, earrings, scarves or pins.
But this piece of advice does not mean that you venture out and wear purple socks or shoes to match your purple shirt. It will smack of being cheap and flashy. Avoid purple shoes and any kind of purple dresses which are the same color from top to bottom. Too much of purple makes you look exactly the opposite of what you want to appear as. Purple should be used selectively with a certain angle to give a hint of nattiness without seeming to be flashy.
The color purple is beautiful and men and women alike should use it. But still, judicious use of the color is essential to get the desires result.]]>
Tip: Try to visit countries with a weaker currency. If your currency is stronger, you can get more for your money when changing to a different currency.
The Far East’s Treasure Trove
Singapore records strong numbers for their national shopping festival. Now in its 13th year, the Great Singapore Sale continues to draw increasing numbers of visitors from the Middle East, according to senior Singapore tourism chiefs.
Running up until 23 July, the event sees malls, shopping centres and shopping districts offer huge discounts – some as much as 70 per cent – on a variety of goods including fashion, electronics, jewellery, watches, gifts and household items.
This year the Great Singapore Sale has hit a record high with a total of 30 neighbourhood centres taking part. Hundreds of shops in town centres and shopping malls will be offering discounts on a wide array of products and services.
The festival offers visitors as wide a range of discounts throughout Singapore. Highly popular late night shopping hours are extended even more to accommodate the demand and a higher volume of enticing promotions and exciting offers come into a class of their own so visitors can shop to their hearts’ content.
Flights to Singapore rapidly sell out during this summer high season, with a significant portion of visitors taking advantage of the great shopping arriving from the Middle East.
Shopping is a key component of Singapore’s tourism industry and is already one of the main reasons visitors travel to Singapore. Foreign visitors shopping in Singapore has become a major contributor to the country’s economy. Over £1.6 billion annually, with approximately one-fifth, or £357 million was spent during the Great Singapore Sale in 2005.
Tip: If there is something in particular you are after, it’s a good idea to find out how much it cost in the country you live in so you have a price for comparison, that way you’ll know when you’ve bagged yourself a real bargain abroad.
London – UK
Born to shop? Discover how to make your money go further by buying direct from the designer at sample sales and showrooms, saving you up to 90 per cent off the retail price.
Could this be why such rarely publicised sales are frequented by celebs, trend setters, stylists and those in the know? For information visit http:www.information-i.org.uk/secret_sales.html
Chicago – US
When thinking about enjoying a shopping spree in America the first destination that naturally springs to mind is New York. But this big city is by no means the be all and end all of what America has to offer as Chicago has quickly become an international shopping destination. Head to Chicago Premium Outlets for an unparalleled collection of 120 designer and name brand stores offering savings of up to 65 per cent every day! Stroll through this Prairie style outdoor centre featuring famous brands such as Ralph Lauren, Giorgio Armani, Versace, Calvin Klein, Diesel and much more.
Los Angeles – US
Because of its location and mix of well-known stores and trend setting unique boutiques, the Beverly Centre in Los Angeles is a favourite shopping destination for Hollywood stylists and celebrities.
Bologna – Italy
Need a break from the cultural, historical and religious side of Bologna? A little retail therapy may be in order. Pick up an Italian luxury leather bag at Furla, shoes by Sergio Rossi or update your wardrobe with the latest collection by Pollini, the shopping opportunities are endless in Italy.
Florence – Italy
The real bargain hunters prepare to head to such designer outlets as Prada and Gucci, which have become a shopper’s paradise. Get ready to buy another suitcase to take your bargains home with Gucci and Prada at 30 to 50 per cent off the retail price, you are sure to need a little more luggage space. If you love a bargain, head to The Mall which has become a shopper’s paradise with designer outlets such as Burberry and Armani. As if that’s not enough, treat yourself to the Fendi and Dolce and Gabbana collections as well.
Milan – Italy
Discover the latest trends and newest designers with a personalised shopping and fashion tour of Milan. Go off the beaten track to discover the next big thing in international fashion.
As a lifestyle columnist, I’m always looking for chic lifestyle and fashion statements.
Nothing makes more of a statement than having a sophisticated “idea resource” at my fingertips for days at the beach, nights on the town and dinner parties at home.
One of my favorites is the Spiegel catalog, which offers inspiration on entertaining, decorating and even a fabulous cocktail dress.
At your next get-together, unleash your inner fashionista. When the party heats up, bear your shoulders with a silk halter dress in vivid green. And bejewel yourself with a green and gold jeweled brocade bag that won’t set your budget back, but will spring your inner princess forward.
Accessories are the DNA of lasting glamour, so who wants to be seen in something a million other women already own? Opt instead for a brass cameo bracelet by Michael Negrin, who creates vintage-inspired jewels made to help you feel like a Victorian queen. Or add a dazzling yet delicate multistrand pearl necklace to your gem collection. Wear it the way I do-with a cocktail dress-and you’ll be the envy of all the “gem setters” at the party.
I’m forever collecting shoes. Shoes for meetings, shoes for the beach and shoes for parties. That’s why I’m excited about the metallic snake-embossed sandal-a chain of jewels adds a touch of elegance, taking me seamlessly from day into night.
Glamour doesn’t start and end with fashion. It extends to every aspect of life (it does for me, at least). A party is the perfect excuse to decorate, redecorate or simply add a few glam accents to your divine temple.
With The Spiegel Signature Home Collection, you can dive into anything from Asian-inspired embroidered decorative shams to a crystal candelabra with antique flair.
Entertaining at home is an exceptional craft and I’ve discovered a new culinary goddess-Donatella Arpaia, of the famed Bellini, David Burke & Donatella, and Ama restaurants in New York City. She’s my favorite authority on entertaining.
Elements of Ama’s celebrated Italian-style entertaining, such as the Essential Sauce made with pure tomatoes and extra virgin Fruttato Olive Oil, are now available, so you can provide gourmet dining for your guests without the five-star price tag.
You know it is hard to tell the difference between authentic and replica Oakley sunglasses. The thing is that these fake sunglasses are making things hard for the Oakley company that has worked for so many years to build up the reputation for producing quality sunglasses. Many people don’t even realize that they have replica Oakley sunglasses.
There are ways to find out whether or not the sun glasses you purchase are real or fake Oakley sunglasses. If the dealer does not give you a warranty, this is one definite way of knowing that you are buying a pair of replica Oakley sunglasses. When you know what you are buying and the price is right, well you know not to expect perfection or a free pair of sunglasses when they break. You’ve got replica Oakley sunglasses.
The price is another thing that will tell you whether or not the sunglasses are fake Oakley sunglasses or if they are authentic. For example, online sites selling Oakley sunglasses for $10 a pair is a dead giveaway. These sites are honest enough to let you know upfront that what you are buying is a pair of replica Oakley sunglasses. However, you do have to be on your toes and always ask for a warranty or see if the site is authorized to sell authentic Oakley sun glasses. If it is, the site will talk about the warranty.
Many people don’t care whether the sunglasses they buy are replica Oakley sunglasses. When it states that these are fake Oakley sunglasses, you know not to expect the same quality in the lenses and the frames. They look like the real thing and everyone will think that you paid the high price charged for Oakley sun glasses. You can impress your friends by having two or three different pairs of these replica Oakley sunglasses, but don’t get too carried away with buying. Then they’ll know something is up.
The fake Oakley sunglasses look like the real ones even down to the logo on the lens. If you want to keep up with the latest designs in Oakley sunglasses, but can’t afford the genuine sunglasses produced by Oakley, you can settle for the replica Oakley sunglasses. Even if you don’t get the same UV protection, you will be in style and look good on the beach.
You can find replica Oakley sunglasses, but don’t expect the quality, or the warranty.
We have found countless ways of “improving” our self appearance. These ways could be makeup, hair dye, breast implants, clothing, or anything else that can alter the way you look. In my opinion, these are not all necessary, but who am i kididng? These are pretty cool inventions.
Have you ever watched and laughed at a sixties, seventies, or eighties movie? That is what sparked this very article, or more specifically, glasses. Wow! They had no style whatsoever! I suppose for their time they did, but by todays standards, those magnifyers are disgusting! Back then, people wore glasses because they had to, not becuase they could look good.
Today, you see girls and guys with some flashy looking glasses. Heres a little input from yours truly – They have no perscription! Thats right. They wear them for an image. Glasses are a style these days that was never thought of by the generations before us. So here is my question, Weren’t they searching for an alternitive years ago?Contact Lenses would have made seventies movies WAY less painful.
Now, after saying this, what will people say about us in 20 or 30 years? Surely we are not stuck up and naive enough to say that our style is as good as it could ever be. That is like proposing that our technology can no longer advance! Did they think they had style down in the sixties? Questions to ponder keep a mind active, regardless how unimportant they may be. So stay sharp and wonder these ridiculous wonders with me!]]>
Shopping is an activity that is necessary in our lives. Many people spend a small percentage of their day doing some type of shopping, be it for food or some other essential items. Online shopping is when a consumer purchases products or services through the Internet. Approximately 68% of online Americans say they think internet shopping saves them time.
We’ve all heard how great shopping on the Internet can be, and that you can get things far cheaper, as the shops don’t have to pay expensive overheads. At the same time, most internet users express discomfort over a key step in online shopping – sending personal or credit card information over the internet. The good news is that consumers are now taking proactive steps to protect themselves to ensure safe online shopping.
Here are a few informative tips about online shopping that I’ve learned through my experiences.
1. Before you give your payment information, check that the Internet connections you will be using are secure and that the website encrypts your card number so it can’t be read by others.
2. Always print out your order confirmation and save your receipts into a separate folder marked “receipts”, even if you lose or misplace your paper receipt you will have a back copy up should you need a refund.
3. Some con artists try to lure consumers to their fraudulent Web sites by using corporate names or Internet addresses that are very similar to those of legitimate, well-known companies.
4. ShopSafe is a consumer guide for online shoppers. All shops listed on ShopSafe have had their security, delivery, range of goods and prices checked. If you ever have any difficulty communicating with a merchant who is listed on ShopSafe, all you have to do is contact them and they will do their best to contact that merchant on your behalf.
5. Remember, before you make a purchase or a payment, read the information on the Web site regarding your right to stop payment or the company’s refund and return policies for damaged goods or faulty service.
7. When shopping online through a Web or online auction site, look for a feedback section on the site to review comments on the seller based on previous transactions.
8. Don’t do business with any retailer that does not provide its physical address and a contact telephone number for customers.
9. While you’re shopping online and you become dubious about a merchant, if the Web site appears to be suspicious or if the offer seems “far too good to be true,” trust your instincts. As my mother used to say “when in doubt, don’t”.
10. Contact your state’s Attorney General’s office (see “Government Agencies That Can Help”) or the Better Business Bureau and ask about the merchant’s reputation. Using the website address of the company you intend on ordering from, check their record with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is funded by more than 375,000 business members, and the system has provided 60 million instances of service to consumers and businesses. Web sites that display a BBB On Line trademark, indicates the retailer meets high standards for good online business practices.
11. Search for trustworthy businesses using keywords that are part of the business name or that describe the products or services they offer this will ensure that they are legitimately selling the product or services they are advertising.
12. If you should receive an email claiming problems with your order or account, and asking for your personal financial information, do not ever respond to them, legitimate businesses will never send this type of email to you.
If people’s worries about security of personal information were eased, the pool of online shoppers would be greater. It is so easy to compare prices, there are no queues and plenty of parking spaces online. One important piece of information about shopping online and paying online from home—it can be safe and easy, but before you begin to shop online, you’ve got to do your homework, don’t be fooled and entrust your personal and financial information to just any Web site.
This season there’s no need to fret over seemingly impossible-to-achieve styles. The key is to make your look appear low-maintenance. A comfortable outfit with stylish trimmings, if done correctly, can be your best look yet.
“This season’s look is relaxed, feminine and flattering on just about everyone,” says Jennifer DeBarge-Goonan, Marshalls’ style expert. “The goal is to make your style look effortless by mixing and matching the season’s hottest trends.” She offers this stress-free guide to looking fabulous this season:
• A Perfect Fit-To look your best, only wear properly-fitting clothes. Whether you’re a size 2 or a 22, buy what fits and ignore the “number” size. Remember, just because you can button it, doesn’t mean it fits.
• Room To Breathe-This season is about flowing fabric and soft movement. No super-tight styles here. To avoid looking frumpy, pair a full, flowing skirt with a top that features straight, tailored lines. Make sure you can’t fit two people in your tunic, but a little bit of room-that’s just perfect.
• Short Shorts-Who wears short shorts? Gals that are super fit or supermodels. Luckily, for the rest of us, gauchos and Bermuda shorts are once again a warm-weather favorite. “Shorts” that meet the knee are popping up everywhere. Dress ‘em up with a sexy heel or dress them down with cute flip-flops…either way, they’re hot.
• Color Me Beautiful-Earthy tones are everywhere: beige, cream, yellow. To stay ultrahip, lace your favorite frock with brown accents. Keep it earthy, keep it cool.
• A Feminine Flair-A delicate ruffle here? An embroidered flower there? Lace? White crochet? Yes! Chances are that deep down, every woman has a touch of a “girly-girl” sitting pretty inside of her. Subtle reminders of femininity can be found on everything from thick belts to bohemian skirts.
• Can’t Forget The Accessories -The fastest way to turn a boring, old outfit into something fab is to pair it with some fun shoes and a big ol’ handbag. This season’s shoes? Heels with a peekaboo toe or funky wedge sandals. The bag? As long as it’s big, it’s ideal. Protect your eyes with oversized sunglasses.
• For The Boys-Okay, ladies, it may not be all about us. The men in your life should be looking fabulous, too. This season, suggest preppy polo shirts and plaid shorts. If you’ve got a “guy’s guy” on your hands, get him vintage T-shirts or leather flip-flops. Because after all, the better he looks, the better we look!]]>
A stunning styled platinum cufflink is guaranteed to complete any formal attire. Are you the type of man, who only wants the best?
Then platinum cufflinks are for you. Platinum cufflinks look trendy and can be obtained in a variety of prices and styles. For your reference we have given valuable details about what’s available. Platinum cufflinks come with a variety of shapes, sizes and prices.
Handmade platinum cufflinks:
These handmade cufflinks are precious gems. Handmade platinum and titanium cufflinks can cost you around £450 GBP. A pair of lapiz lazuli double cufflinks set in platinum with a diamond border can cost you around £3,191.64 GBP. Onyx, platinum and diamond cufflinks with their splendid finish, can cost you around £3,191.64. Platinum and two color exotic metal square double cufflinks cost around £1,652.80 GBP.
New style cufflinks:
A fresh new style of cufflink in genuine Chinese blue lacquer and platinum can make you feel fit for a royal banquet. With the appeal of a crisp cotton tailored suit, DuPont blue lacquer and platinum cufflinks are perfect accessories for business or other official occasions. You could also go for a rhodium plated double hand cufflink which costs you around £270. Rhodium is a white metal from the platinum family which has a platinum look.
Other trendy designs:
Some navy and yellow squares, are the most fashionable cufflinks available and can harmonize with any garment. You may highlight either color to garnish your outfit, but we suggest that you band these together with shirts that are lemon, cream or navy in color for the best impact. The 19.55mm 18k platinum cufflink which looks like an old timepiece or compact watch when glanced at, would make a grand gift for parents, friends, or maybe just an extraordinary acquisition for yourself!.
False Fashion is it for you? What you have to bear in mind when keeping up with all the newest trend is, that never once were you in the designer/s thoughts when putting his/her creation together.
How many times have you cringed at styles knowing at the back of your mind how hideous you would look dressed in what was designed for the catwalk?
Top designer labels do not come cheap and can be quite expensive leaving you broke because you want to keep up with the Jones’s
Ever felt stupid when attired up to nines to stop the jibes from your friends, keeping up with fashion is all well and good, but if you are not comfortable with your appearance then do something about it. Start by ignoring nasty remarks, true friends do not pass judgement unless in your favour.
It makes sense to put your own fashion ideas to use and into the bargain cost effective. Design your own label? Who knows may be your friends will want a piece of the action. Top designers started this way.
When out shopping; find a shop selling quality gear for half the price of what it would cost to dress in designer gear. You will find similar or duplicated designs to the latest craze in most stores. Is the content of your wallet/purse holding you back from making a purchase. Then get yourself to the local second hand shop and pick up a bargain.
Stick with the trend by wearing the colours in fashion. Charity shops donate to good causes, so as well as looking a million dollars you help the starving people of the world.
Uneasy with the new boob tube where the bare fleshy stomach is on full view, then narrow it down to a glimpse for the onlooker, add a little lace tassels or beads.
Belts do not do down well for the pleasantly plump, okay so we find an alternative. Gather leather strips, braid/plait them together then hang the twisted menagerie loosely around the waist add a little glitter to spice it up, this will not only look effective but complement your size.
How to get away with no boots if money is tight
Buy a closed in shoe then get a matching pair of coloured knee/ankle length socks and hey presto from a distance a pair of boots How good is that?
What is the point of expensive designer labels when the only person that gets to see that new outfit is you? all because the bank balance states 0.00 where you do not get to party till your next payday, and by then with the fashion industry as it is, the oufit may well be past its sell by date.
False fashion is what it is. Your height, weight, skin type was never taken into account by the designer unlike the rich stars. How on earth can you look your best by other folks choices? Think about it if anyone knows what will suit you? is you.
http://www.allaboutonlineeducation.com is a great place to start if you were thinking about dressmaking or looking for information on teaching yourself the in’s and out’s of getting on in this life.]]>
Women are just like fine wine. As they get older, more mature, and more beautiful, their inner woman seems to gain a sense of assured confidence, brought on by the years of experience in life. I have always admired women over 50 who carry their age with a sense of pride, style and class.
As women get older their sense of fashion seems to mature along with them. What is trendy and ‘in fashion’ might not necessarily be the apparel of choice any longer. Why does this happen? Probably as women get busier and have more responsibilities they seem to opt for items which are comfortable to work in not necessarily stylish.
However I think women should not give up their sense of style, just because their day got busier and a few gray hairs are showing up here and there. On the other hand as women get older they should adjust to their age, by choosing items of clothing which enhance their beauty and their figure.
Plus size women who are over 50 have every reason to dress in a stylish manner. Stores which cater for their needs might not necessarily be easily available, that is true. However that is no reason to compromise. Especially with the Internet being so widely available these days, a multitude of store are suddenly available to cater for a mature plus size woman’s needs. For instance store like Ulla Popken and Junonia have a great selection of plus size clothing available which is great for the mature woman’s needs. Prices are reasonable and sizes are vast.
Mature plus size ladies should be careful to choose items which make the most of their curves, and also their age. Some tips to abide by are the following –
1. Be careful to choose the right size to fit your body. Don’t go for items which fit too tightly, the idea if for clothing to hug your body so that is gives it definition and enhances the curves. Choosing items which are too tight will not look too classy. At the same times items which are too baggy should also be avoided. Your dress of choice does not have to look like a tent! Just because you’re plus size, does not mean you have to hide your body. Show off those beautiful curves in a classy and chic manner.
2. Avoid fussy prints. Fussy fabrics have the tendency to make plus size women look even bigger. While we are proud of our curves, the clothing we choose should make the most of our full figures, enhancing them instead of giving them wrong definition.
3. Stick to classic designs and clean cuts. Just as fussy printed fabrics make us look a little bit bigger, so do fussy designs. For example avoid too much frill and things of the sort. Such clothing does not help define a full figured body to the best of it’s shape. Instead stick clean cuts and classic designs which work best for our curves.
4. Try and avoid wearing anything that is too short. If you have beautiful legs, be proud of them and by all mean show them off whenever you get a chance however, do this with taste, style and moderation. Do wear skirts and shorts. However avoid anything that is too short.
5. As we get older, some parts of our body tend to lose some of that useful gravity. This is nothing to worry about, as when choosing clothes and underwear with good support, things can be kept up to the necessary heights at all times. However I would suggest not to exposure the arms too much.
Being over 50 does not mean women have to give up on having a sense of style. Especially not plus size women! On the other hand women should make the most of this time in their life. With the right clothes any plus size lady who is over 50 can look and feel like a million dollars!